Are you looking to make a statement with your wedding invitations? Or interested in adding some pizzazz to a traditional style? Well, you’re in luck. The latest trends in wedding invitations are very exciting!
- Glitz is in: Add metallics to your wedding invitations – gold, silver or copper. Use foil in the design or the text or both. How glitzy can you go? The sky’s the limit!
- Envelope liners are making a statement: If you’re like most people, you’ve never noticed an envelope liner, but all that’s about to change. Envelope liners now feature designs, sketches or eye-catching details.
- Get out of the box: Who said that invitations had to be boxy rectangles? Go for a circle or a custom shape. The only drawback is that you may have to pay more postage for a non-rectangular invitation. Check with your local post office.
- Custom monograms are not just for royals: The new style of custom monograms incorporates design elements that are representative of you as a couple with letters. Very chic!
- Bold colours are replacing white and ecru: Jewel tones, navy and black – with white lettering of course – are the hottest colours for invitations. It’s an ultra modern look that’s anything but old fashioned.
- Calligraphy is still in vogue, but with a twist: Calligraphy now has the look of modern freehand writing, not at all like the traditional, ornate styles you’re used it. The look is young and fresh.
- Virtual invitations: Virtual invitations are growing in popularity for couples who are into everything online, budget conscious or want eco-friendly invitations. It makes perfect sense – no cost for invitations/reply cards or postage and no paper products are used.
Need more information on weddings? Give the Toronto Wedding Chapel a call. Our weddings are legendary and you deserve the best!