If you’re getting married at the Toronto Wedding Chapel, or at any wedding venue in Ontario, you will first need to obtain a marriage license. According to Service Ontario, this is how to get a marriage license in Ontario.
How to get a marriage licence
You may be able to purchase a marriage licence from your local or surrounding municipality.
To get a marriage licence, you will need to:
- complete a marriage licence application
- provide 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification for each person getting married must include their photo.
Examples of government-issued identification include:
- government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
- valid passport
- record of immigrant landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- valid driver’s licence
- valid Ontario Photo Card
- provide supporting documentation (for example: proof of divorce) (if applicable)
- have at least one of you attend in-person to pick up the licence
- pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality)
Apply for a marriage license online
Before you come in to the Toronto Wedding Chapel for your fantastic micro wedding, please make sure that you have your marriage license.