Wedsites are one of the hottest trends today for couples getting married. What is a wedsite? A wedsite is a website that is dedicated to everything related to your upcoming wedding. It is creative, green, and can save you a pile of money. Here are a few of the things that you can use a wedsite for:
- Save the Date: When you get engaged and have selected a wedding date, launch your wedsite and tell everyone to save the date. It’s so much easier to send out an email with the URL to your wedsite than to call everyone or spend a lot of money on printing and postage for Save the Date Cards.
- Wedding Invitations: Why spend a lot of money printing wedding invitations and paying for postage when you can create an online invitation and post it on your wedsite? You can create your own or use one of the hundreds of sites that offer free wedding invitation templates and step by step instructions on how to the service.
- Online RSVP: Your guests can RSVP right on your wedsite eliminating the need for RSVP cards and postage.
- Accommodation Suggestions: If you have guests coming in from out of town you can post information about hotels, motels, or B & Bs in the area and notify them if and where you have reserved a block of rooms with a special rate.
- Events and Attractions: You can post information on what to see and do in your area for guests from out of town.
- Directions: You can post driving instructions to the venue and directions via public transit if applicable.
- Link to your Gift Registry: Post the link to your gift registry to make gift giving a breeze for your guests.
- Online Memory Book: Create a space on your wedsite for your guests to write some of their favourite memories of you as individuals or as a couple and post photos.
- Photos: Post photos leading up to the wedding and post some wedding photos afterwards.
Once you get started you’ll be amazed at how easy and how much fun a wedsite can be.