There so many fabulous honeymoon destinations that it’s hard to make up a definitive list but here are the most talked about and the most romantic. Some are old favourites and others are quite exotic and may not have been on your radar, but definitely merit consideration. Throw caution to the wind and do something different.
- The Seychelles are a secluded cluster of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean off the eastern coast of Africa. A favourite destination among the rich and famous seeking privacy, the Seychelles were the honeymoon destination for Prince William and Kate Middleton and most recently for George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin. If you want to live like royalty on your honeymoon, the Seychelles is the destination.
- The Maldives are considered one of the world’s most romantic honeymoon destinations. Located in the Indian Ocean, southwest of India and Sri Lanka, the Republic of the Maldives is an archipelago of about 1,190 coral islands with fabulous weather, white sands and blue lagoons. The Maldives are often referred to as the epitome of romance.
- Cilento Peninsula, Italy is still one of the world’s best kept secrets, but probably not for long. Located in Campania along the Tyrrhenian Sea, it features plunging cliff sides, clear waters, majestic coves and stunning seaside villages to explore. Enjoy this undiscovered piece of paradise.
- Queenstown, New Zealand, located between the glacial Lake Wakatipu and the soaring Remarkable Mountains, is a honeymooner’s dream for true adventurers. Hiking, biking, bungee jumping, paragliding, jet boating and white water rafting are just some of the activities available. When you get tired of activity, try out delicious local cuisine and wines.
- Lucia, West Indies is a tiny volcanic island in the Caribbean Sea. Only a three-hour flight from Miami, this magnificent locale features black sand beaches and turquoise waters. If you get tired of basking in the sunshine on pristine beaches, there’s a rainforest and the Piton Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site to explore.
- Paris, France is for lovers! Experience a true fine dining experience and see some of the world’s most famous sites – The Louvre, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe. Stroll hand in hand along the Left Bank or have dinner as you cruise the Seine in a Batteau Mouche. Paris is an experience you’ll never forget.
- Las Vegas is the playground that never shuts down. There is action 24/7 and something to do for everyone. Gamble, see some of the world’s greatest entertainers and shows, play golf, go rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon or explore some great outdoor landmarks.
Before heading out on your honeymoon, book your wedding at the Toronto Wedding Chapel. Contact us today and reserve your date.