- The degree of formality of the invitation is dictated by the wedding, not the season. If you are having a formal, evening wedding, the invitations must be formal even though you are having a spring wedding.
- Tie up your invitations with ribbons.
- Choose a spring motif.
- The trend towards using Social Media is continuing and growing.
- Many couples are choosing to update guests on personal websites, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Invitations may also be issued electronically.
- Mix table sizes and shapes.
- Create lounge settings.
- Use bright and bold colors.
- Everything old is new again.
- Wear a Vintage wedding dress.
- Hire a Photo booth company.
- Vintage-style photography is very attractive.
Cigar Bar or Cigar Roller:
- Make sure that you create an outdoor cigar lounge or designated smoking area.
- Use seasonal blooms.
- Mix flowers with fruits in baskets.
- Potted plants and flowers make beautiful centerpieces.
- Add natural elements to your floral décor – wheatgrass, herbs, cherry blossoms, dogwood, and river rocks.
- Serve lighter fare.
- Cold soups and interesting salads make great additions to any menu.
- Top your wedding cake with fresh fruit or edible flowers.
- Bulbs, packets of flower seeds, mini pots of flowers or herbs make lovely spring favors.
- This is a trend that seems here to stay.
- Use recycled paper for invitations, programs, and placecards.
- Serve food from local growers and farms.
- Make sustainable food choices.
- Opt for charitable donations in lieu of favors and/or wedding gifts.
- Select a venue accessible by public transit.
- Have the ceremony and reception in the same location.