Everyone loves flowers and spring/summer brides will have a bounty to choose from. The latest trends in wedding flowers for 2017 are new, fresh and exciting! Here are our favourites:
- Hanging arrangements: Hanging arrangements are an exciting new trend in wedding décor. They can be fashioned in many different shapes including the wildly popular flower chandelier. Not only do hanging arrangements make a stunning visual statement but they also free up table space and they don’t block your view when conversing across the table.
- Farm-to-table flowers: Just like the farm-to-table trend in food, the farm-to-table flower trend is gaining in popularity. Buying from local farms instead of importers gives you access to the freshest, local flowers. It supports local industry, is cost effective and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Heirloom flowers: It seems we rediscovered the beauty in carnations, mums and zinnias. They’ve become very popular at weddings, which is great news for budget-conscious couples.
- Greenery and foliage: This very new and exciting trend eliminates the use of flowers entirely and features arrangements fashioned solely from greenery and foliage. These arrangements can be very striking and cost considerably less than flowers.
- Wedding bouquets:
- Loose and unstructured bouquets are one of the latest trends in this year. They have a lovely, natural look that’s very appealing.
- Cascading bouquets are particularly striking. Their waterfall-like look lends itself well to more formal weddings.
- Bouquets fashioned entirely from greenery and foliage are a great new trend. With so many shapes, textures and shades of green available, these bouquets can really make a statement.
Are you ready to start planning your wedding? Give the Toronto Wedding Chapel a call today. We can discuss all aspects of your wedding including floral décor and bouquets.