Marriage licenses will only be issued by appointment only! As part of the City’s COVID-19 response, Registry Services counters at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall and the North York, Etobicoke and Scarborough Civic Centres are closed for walk-in services.
How to Get Your Marriage License
- Review the identification requirements.
- Review guidelines on re-marrying after a divorce, if applicable.
- You must submit your marriage licence application online before booking an appointment to obtain your marriage licence. The name on the application must be the same as the name on the appointment booking. Once you have submitted your application online you will be given an application number. This number is required when booking your appointment. Please read the information below prior to submitting your application.
Submit Your Marriage License Application
- Marriage licences are being issued by appointment only at the North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St. Walk-ins will not be accepted. The name on the appointment must match one of the names on the marriage licence application. You will be required to enter your marriage licence application number. Only book one appointment per couple. Additional bookings will be cancelled.
Book an Appointment Online
Please Note: This appointment is to obtain your marriage licence only. You must arrange for a separate marriage ceremony to get married.
- Sign and date the application.
- Attend your appointment.
Once You Have Your Marriage License
Contact us to discuss your wedding plans.
We’d love to help you with your micro wedding! Located in mid-town Toronto, you can find us at Merton/Yonge and we have ample parking. We’ve been providing micro weddings in the Greater Toronto Area. The Toronto Wedding Chapel provides an intimate wedding alternative to City Hall, Civic Centres, banquet halls and restaurants. We are open by appointment 6 days a week.
Call us to make an appointment. Once you walk in the door you’ll be surrounded by a Symphony of Love! You’ll be amazed by our pre-decoration – florals, candles, mirrors and large vases. And wait until you can see what we can do for you!