Although “Do it Yourself (DIY)” weddings are quite popular in economically challenging times, they can actually cost you more money than working with experienced wedding planners. At first glance this may not make sense to you, but once you consider all of the elements that go into a wedding and the potential financial pitfalls that you may encounter, working with an experience wedding planner is wise counsel.
As you prepare your preliminary budget here are some items that you may not have taken into consideration:
- Sales Tax
- Gratuities and Tips
- Additional Venue Fees – Corkage Fees, Cleaning Charges, etc.
- Postage – Save the Date, Invitations, RSVPs, Thank You Notes
- Paper Goods – Programs, Placecards, Menus, etc. are items which you may not have considered.
- Rentals – Dishes, Flatware, etc.
- Bar Set Up Fees
- Gifts for the Wedding Party
- Delivery Fees
- Cake Cutting Fee – Yes there really is such a thing!
- Hair/Make-up trials – You may need several trials until you achieve “the look”. Each trial comes with a price tag.
- Wedding Dress Alterations – Just because you purchased a very expensive wedding dress doesn’t mean that the alterations are included.
- Undergarments – Your wedding dress may require a special bra, slip, etc. and these types of undergarments are usually quite pricey.
- Vendor Overtime – Photographer, DJ, Transportation, etc.
Avoid potential financial pitfalls and contact the professionals at the Toronto Wedding Chapel. We’ll plan and coordinate your wedding within budget and with no financial surprises.