Many couples are choosing to have a wedding that is as eco-friendly as possible. With a little planning you can definitely reduce your carbon footprint.
- Invitations: The ultimate eco-friendly choice is an e-invitation. But, if you have your heart set on sending out invitations, opt for recycled, plantable, or tree-free papers.
- Venue: Have the ceremony and reception at the same location, eliminating the need to travel between the ceremony and reception.
- Flowers: Choose organic, local, seasonal flowers and greenery. Reuse and repurpose. Bouquets can become centrepieces. Centrepieces can become favours.
- Wedding Wear: Dresses made from organic cotton, peace silk, bamboo, and hemp are all eco-friendly. Recycle by wearing your mother’s dress, borrowing a dress from a friend, or purchasing one at a vintage shop.
- Food: The idea is to feature farm-to-table dishes – local produce, seasonal produce from local businesses.
- Beverages: Serve organic wines, champagnes and beers from local microbreweries.
- Wedding Favours: The most eco-friendly favour is for the couple to donate to their favourite charities. If you do want to offer favours good choices are seeds or organic edibles, potted flowers or herbs, soy candles or eco-friendly totes.
Having an eco-friendly wedding doesn’t have to be all or nothing. You can incorporate the just the elements that you are comfortable with. Contact the Toronto Wedding Chapel today to book your eco-friendly wedding.