The new spring wedding dresses have exciting styles and silhouettes and several of the latest trends are definitely celebrity inspired.
- Blush Coloured Wedding Dresses: This is a trend that is being attributed to Reese Witherspoon. She wore a Monique Lhuillier blush wedding gown at her wedding to Jim Toth and this trend took off, even for the more conservative brides.
- Lace Sleeves: There can be no doubt that Kate Middleton is responsible for reinvigorating lace sleeves. Brides across the globe were clamouring for a look-a-like dress. After all, doesn’t every bride want to be a princess?
- Illusion Necklines – This trend is a combination of vintage meets modern, but best of all it can flatter any bride. If you love lace, an illusion neckline is an ideal way to use it.
- Two-Tiered Skirts – This trend is in essence an exaggerated peplum; great for camouflaging wider hips.
- Decorative Bridal Belts – This trend is a great way to add colour to a wedding dress, define the waist or just add a personal touch. Bridal belts can be made of fabric, jewels, sequins, beads, or anything that fuels your imagination or strikes your fancy.
These are the latest trends, but the classics are always in style. Trends aren’t for everyone and you shouldn’t be made to feel like you have to participate. Your wedding dress should reflect who you are, not what someone says is in style. Get out there and try on dresses until you find the one that makes you feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.