Are you getting married this summer? Here are the hottest summer wedding trends.
- Wedding Dresses: Celebrities have inspired the latest trends. Kate Middleton has made long sleeves and lace fashionable again while thanks to Priscilla Chan, brides will be embracing sheer backs. Victorian inspired styles and illusion necklines continue to be popular choices.
- Wedding Shoes: Shoes that can be worn again after the wedding are definitely the trend right now – sky scraper heels, very high platforms, open toe styles and lots of bling in metallics or colours.
- Bridal Bouquets: Jewelled bouquets made from any jewelry are hot, hot, hot right now!
- Wedding Rings: Recycled rings – family heirlooms or antiques – are not only original and beautiful, but great for the environment.
- Wedding Colours: This is no time for subtle and demure; think bold floral hues – bright red, vibrant orange, hot pink.
- Wedding Food: Food Trucks are the hottest wedding food trend right now. They are great for serving casual dishes like pizza, burgers or ethnic favourites. Instead of a sweet table, think dessert truck.
- Wedding Drinks: Wine Smoothies are a great alternative to the usual tropical drinks. Substitute soda in the wine smoothie for a delicious non-alcoholic treat.
- Wedding Music: Embrace the heat and incorporate some Caribbean influences with Reggae, Calypso, Soca, or Steel Pan music.
- Wedding Favours: Eco-friendly wedding favours like fresh, locally grown, potted herbs are great for summer weddings.
- Wedding Gifts: Requesting charitable donations in lieu of wedding gifts are very popular with socially conscious couples that are 30+.
Contact the Toronto Wedding Chapel to book your summer wedding.